- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Traditional milk punches combine milk with rum and/or brandy, citrus juice, sugar and spices. Adding club soda to this cocktail "gives it a nice puffed-up texture," says bartender Wayne Collins. It's terrific as an after-dinner drink.
- 1 1/2 ounces amber rum
- 1/2 ounce dark crème de cacao
- 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 ounce vanilla syrup
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 small orange
- 1 ounce chilled club soda
- Pinch each of unsweetened cocoa and freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the club soda and garnishes; shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass; stir in the soda. Garnish with cocoa and nutmeg.