Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: makes one dozen 3-inch cookies
Grace Parisi grinds granola to use in place of flour, then adds whole pieces of granola to her dough for crunch.
- 2 cups granola with nuts and dried fruit
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter (see Note)
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Pick out the dried fruit from 1 cup of the granola and add the fruit to the remaining granola. Transfer the fruit-free granola to a food processor and pulse until finely ground; transfer to a medium bowl. Add the peanut butter, egg and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture at low speed until smooth. Add the remaining fruit-filled granola and beat the cookie dough just until combined.
- Form the cookie dough into 12 balls and arrange them on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the balls with the tines of a fork to 3-inch rounds. Bake one sheet at a time in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.Notes
Look for either white or dark chocolate peanut butter from Justin’s or Peanut Butter & Co.