- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- About 1 cup Champagne Sabayon
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
How to make this recipe
- Butter four 1/2-cup ramekins and line them with plastic, allowing a 2-inch overhang. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir the chocolate until melted. Let cool. In a bowl, whip the cream to firm peaks and let come to room temperature.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar, then whisk in the hot milk. Return the mixture to the saucepan and whisk over moderate heat until thickened, about 3 minutes; do not let it boil. Whisk in the orange liqueur and cinnamon.
- Stir the mixture into the melted chocolate and let cool. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the pâté mixture into the prepared ramekins and refrigerate until very firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pâtés from the ramekins, invert onto plates and peel off the plastic. Spoon 1/4 cup of the Champagne Sabayon around each pâté and garnish with raspberries.