- 2 cups milk (1 percent)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, blend 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the malted milk powder, cocoa powder and salt. Slowly whisk in the remaining 1 3/4 cups milk, the chopped chocolate and the sugar. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until very thick and just beginning to boil, about 10 minutes. remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the pudding into small bowls or stemmed glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
One Serving Calories 266 kcal, Protein 9 gm, Carbohydrate 43 gm, Cholesterol 11 mg, Total Fat 8 gm, Saturated Fat 4.6 gm.