- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: makes one 9-inch tart
The maple syrup in this tart lightens the chocolate flavor and creates an ethereal custard to hold buttery macadamias.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (3 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (10 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 9-inch pie plate. In a heatproof bowl, microwave the cream and chocolate for 25 seconds until melted. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to warm. Whisk in the eggs, maple, sugar and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate. Insert the macadamias in an even layer. Bake the tart for 40 minutes, until the custard is just set. Let cool. Cut into wedges and serve.
Banyuls is a vin doux naturel, a dessert wine that gets its sweetness from unfermented grape sugar. Its berry richness is perfect with this luscious tart.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.