© Kana Okada
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup (enough to frost 12 cupcakes)
Plus: Invent Your Own Cupcake Variation
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the cream with the butter, corn syrup and salt until hot but not boiling. Immediately pour the mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Let the frosting cool, whisking occasionally, until thick enough for dipping and glazing the cupcakes, about 30 minutes. For a frosting firm enough to spread, let stand for 1 hour.
Make AheadThe chocolate frosting can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Return to room temperature before using.