Chocolate Fondue with Fruit and Grilled Pound Cake
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
A grill works just as well as a stovetop for melting this bourbon-kissed chocolate fondue, served here with fresh apricots and grilled pound cake and pineapple.
More Fruit Desserts
- 1 pineapple—peeled, cored and sliced 1 inch thick
- One 1 1/2-pound pound cake, sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Light a grill. Grill the pineapple slices over moderate heat until charred on both sides, about 8 minutes. Brush the pound cake with the melted butter and grill over moderate heat until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Cut the pound cake into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a plate. Cut the pineapple into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a separate plate along with the apricots.
- In a medium saucepan set on the grill, bring the cream and the bourbon to a simmer. Add both chocolates and the salt and remove from the grill. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Serve the fondue with the grilled pound cake and fruit.