Chocolate Fondue with Fresh Fruit
- SERVINGS: 6
For an intense fondue, use bittersweet chocolate with a minimum of 56 percent cocoa, such as Valrhona or Lindt.>/p>
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 2 bananas, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small pineapple—peeled, quartered, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 apple, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream and sugar and bring to a boil. Add the chocolate and remove the pan from the heat. Let stand until the chocolate melts, about 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Stir in the butter. Bring the fondue to the table in the pan and let everyone dip their own fruit.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.