- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brandy or liqueur of your choice
- Assorted fruit and bread for dipping
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, vanilla extract and salt. Heat over medium heat until the mixture barely simmers.
Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolates and brandy until completely melted and smooth.
Transfer to the fondue pot or a chafing dish that is on low heat. Stir the mixture occasionally.
Using skewers dip pieces of cake, bread or fruit into the melted chocolate sauce.
Try these variations:
Add 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts to the fondue. Replace brandy with hazelnut liqueur.
White Chocolate Fondue
Remove the salt from the recipe and replace chocolate chips with 2 cups white chocolate chips.