- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces), finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cardamom. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir gently with a spatula until the flour is just incorporated. Stir in the sour cream followed by the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is browned and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If the loaf browns too quickly during baking, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.