- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper, allowing overhang on the 2 long ends.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter with both sugars at medium speed until light, 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chips and pretzels.
- Spread the batter in the pan and top with the sprinkles. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden; the center will still be a little gooey. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely.
- Run the tip of a knife around the side of the pan and lift the bar out using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.