- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves (about 5 ounces)
- Two 7-ounce bags sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets. Toast the pecans in a pie plate for about 8 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a plate to cool, then chop them. Leave the oven on.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut with the chocolate chips, flour, salt and pecans. Add the condensed milk and vanilla and stir until evenly moistened. Mound level tablespoons of the batter on the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden but still moist inside. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
The macaroons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.