- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso or very strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 pound white Pullman breadcrust removed, bread cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sliced almonds (4 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix the espresso with the sugar until dissolved. Whisk in the rum. Stir this mixture into the melted chocolate and fold in the bread cubes; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon half of the soaked bread cubes and any excess chocolate into 6 parfait glasses. Top with half of the whipped cream and half of the almonds. Repeat with the remaining bread and chocolate, whipped cream and almonds. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.