- 1 cup salted almond butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with foil. In a food processor, combine the almond butter with the sugar, butter, baking soda and egg and pulse just until creamy; don't overmix or the fat will separate. Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips and almonds. Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the top is shiny and lightly browned and the center is a bit soft. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Slide the bar with the foil onto a work surface. Discard the foil, cut into 16 bars and serve.
The Chocolate-Almond Bars can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.