Chive-Spiked Smoked Salmon on Chips
- SERVINGS: makes 30 hors d'oeuvres
Meadowood chef Pilar Sanchez deep-fries potato chips to serve as the base for the salmon. Store-bought thick-cut potato chips save the time of deep-frying.
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 30 thick-cut potato chips
- 30 chervil sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the smoked salmon, chives, shallot, oil and lemon zest. Mound about 1/2 tablespoon of the salmon on each potato chip and garnish with chervil.