- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 Granny Smith apples—peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 8 medium radishes, thinly sliced crosswise
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, mustard, capers and 1 tablespoon of the chives. Stir in the apples and celery and season the remoulade with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the remaining 1/2 cup of chives. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Press the chive paste onto one side of each salmon fillet.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the fillets, chive-side down, and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets and cook for 3 minutes longer. Transfer the fillets to plates. Spoon the remoulade alongside, scatter the radishes on top and serve.
Vibrant, apple-inflected Chardonnay.