Chive and Honey Corn Bread
- SERVINGS: 8
White cornmeal is popular in New England because of its delicate corn flavor. You can also bake this corn bread in eight 4-inch metal or foil pie pans to reduce cooking time.
Great Comfort Food Recipes
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/3 cups stone-ground white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup finely snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Oil a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan. In a bowl, sift the flour with the cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, corn oil and honey.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients and chives into the egg mixture until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the corn bread is golden and springs back when gently pressed. Let cool in the pan, then cut into squares and serve.