Chipotle-Spiked Winter Squash and Black Bean Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo saucedrained, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of watercress, tough stems removed (5 ounces)
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Spread the butternut squash in a steamer insert and set in a pot above boiling water. Cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk the vinegar with the mustard, maple syrup and chipotle chile. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress with the butternut squash, black beans and scallions. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.