- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce—drained, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of watercress, tough stems removed (5 ounces)
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- Spread the butternut squash in a steamer insert and set in a pot above boiling water. Cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk the vinegar with the mustard, maple syrup and chipotle chile. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress with the butternut squash, black beans and scallions. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
One Serving 184 calories, 5.3 gm total fat, 0.8 gm saturated fat, 31 gm carb.