- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 4 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- 24 large shelled and deveined shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a medium, deep skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until hot. Fry one tortilla at a time over moderately high heat until lightly golden on both sides, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and the chipotle chile powder. Season the shrimp with salt. Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are browned in spots and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with the tomato, scallions, sour cream and lime juice and season with salt. Set the tortillas on plates and top with the cabbage slaw, chipotle shrimp, avocado, radishes and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.