- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
- 6 small tomatillos, husked
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 large onion
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped, with 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet. When it is very hot, add the tomatillos, garlic cloves, tomatoes and onion and cook over low heat, turning frequently, until blackened in spots and softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and let cool.
- Put the tomatillos, garlic, tomatoes and onion in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the chipotles and adobo sauce, cilantro, salt and sugar and pulse just until combined.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.