Chipotle Peanut Sauce
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
This sweet, nutty sauce gets subtle heat from chipotles.
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 quarter-size slice of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, chipotle and ginger and pulse until smooth. Transfer the puree to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and whisk in the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and 1/4 cup of water until smooth; refrigerate until chilled.
Make Ahead The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Serve With Grilled beef, pork, chicken wings or shrimp or as a dip for blanched vegetables.