© John Kernick
Chipotle-Maple Barbecue Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 07 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 cup
This stellar sauce is smoky from the adobo and tangy from the cider vinegar. It's great on beef and pork.
- 2 chipotles in adobo, seeded
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and puree until smooth. Scrape into a small saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes, until glossy. Use on chicken, pork and beef.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.