- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cherry preserves (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced seeded chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until bubbling, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool before using.
The glaze can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.