Chipotle-Cherry Barbecue Glaze
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/4 cups
Use this spicy, smoky, sweet barbecue sauce to glaze grilled meat or poultry in the last few minutes of cooking. It can also be served on the side.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cherry preserves (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced seeded chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until bubbling, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool before using.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.