Chinese Five-Spice Syrup
- SERVINGS: Makes about 6 ounces
Use this infused syrup to make the Palisade's Pear Fizz cocktail.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 4 ounces water
- 3/4 cup Demerara or turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 ounce rum, preferably Demerara rum
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the sugar and Chinese five-spice powder. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and let cool, then stir in the rum. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month.