- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chinese black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
How to make this recipe
In a mini food processor, pulse the garlic, basil, cilantro, ginger, shallot and scallion until finely chopped. Add the black bean sauce, brandy, hoisin, <em>sambal oelek</em> and fish sauce and pulse to blend.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days.