- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chinese black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 pounds trimmed lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a mini food processor, combine the garlic, basil, cilantro, ginger, shallot and scallion and pulse until finely chopped. Add the black bean sauce, brandy, hoisin, sambal oelek and fish sauce and pulse to blend.
- In a bowl, toss the lamb with the marinade until completely coated. Thread the lamb onto skewers, leaving a little space between each piece of meat. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Light a grill. Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the meat is lightly charred outside and just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Juicy, peppery California Zinfandel.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.