Chimichurri Mixed Grill
- SERVINGS: 12
Marcia Kiesel likes this best made with spicy merguez and Italian cheese and parsley sausage.
- 1 1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 pounds hot sausage, coiled or links
- 3 pounds sweet sausage, coiled or links
- 2 dozen chicken wings, split into drumettes and wing pieces
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- To make the chimichurri sauce, combine the vinegar, parsley, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño and salt in a bowl. Let the chimichurri sauce stand at room temperature for 1 to 4 hours.
- Light a grill. For coiled sausage, cross 2 long skewers through the sausage, making an X. For sausage links and chicken wings, pierce each piece crosswise with 2 parallel wooden skewers, held about 1/2 inch apart, threading 4 or 5 rows on each pair of skewers. Grill them over a moderately hot fire, turning once or twice, until crusty and cooked through. Transfer to a large platter and cover loosely with foil.
- Stoke the fire with additional charcoal; for gas grills, increase the heat to high. Add 1 tablespoon of the sauce to each of two 10-inch metal cake pans and divide the clams between them. Set the pans on the grill, cover the grill and steam the clams until they open, about 8 minutes. Serve at once and pass the remaining sauce separately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.