Chilled Tomato Soup with Goat-Milk Yogurt
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN plus chilling
- SERVINGS: 10 first-course servings
- 5 pounds yellow or orange tomatoes, cored
- 6 medium scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, plus a small handful for garnish
- 1/2 cup celery or lovage leaves, plus a small handful for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups goat-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved, for garnish
- Set a coarse sieve over a bowl. Halve the tomatoes crosswise and squeeze the seeds and juice into the sieve. Let the liquid drain into the bowl and discard the seeds.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes and transfer to a blender. Add the strained tomato liquid, the scallions, the 1/2 cup each of parsley and celery leaves, the tarragon, lime juice, honey, yogurt and cold water and puree (in batches, if necessary). With the machine on, gradually pour in the olive oil and blend until incorporated. Season the soup with salt and white pepper and refrigerate until chilled. Ladle into small bowls. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley and celery leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.