Chilled Make-Ahead Summer Oatmeal
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This is one of Michael Romano's favorite dinner recipes. For a sweeter, fruitier taste, use the fruit-flavored yogurt and fruit nectar called for below. You can fold 1/4 cup well-chilled whipped cream into the oatmeal just before serving for a real Swiss-style treat.
- 16 ounces plain or fruit-flavored yogurt
- 2 cups instant or old-fashioned oatmeal, or unsweetened Swiss-style muesli
- 2 cups peach or apricot nectar, milk, rice milk or soy milk, or a combination
- 2 large peaches, finely grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly, Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight; serve the oatmeal chilled.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.