- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 red jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 2 pounds cucumbers—peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar with the onion, sugar and jalapeño and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- In a blender, working in 2 batches, puree the yogurt with the cucumbers, milk, mint and cumin. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the pickled red onion and jalapeño and a drizzle of the pickling liquid.