Chilled Cucumber Soup
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Four 4-ounce Persian cucumbers3 coarsely chopped, 1 peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- 1/2 cup borage leaves or celery leaves
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a blender, combine the chopped cucumbers, ice, water, grapeseed oil, lemon juice and half each of the jalapeño and mint and puree. Season with salt and refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, blanch the borage in boiling salted water for 5 seconds. Drain, rinse and squeeze dry. Finely chop the borage.
- Pour the cucumber soup into bowls and garnish with the diced cucumber, borage, yogurt and the remaining jalapeño and mint. Drizzle the soup with olive oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.