© James Baigrie
Chilled Asparagus with Crab Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 8
- 3 pounds medium asparagus
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 pound lump crabmeat (1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large, deep skillet of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus over high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the asparagus and refresh in a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil with the vinegar. Add the crabmeat, bell peppers, onion and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the asparagus to a large, deep platter, spoon the crab vinaigrette over the top and serve.
Make Ahead The asparagus and vinaigrette can be refrigerated separately for 6 hours.