- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup
This recipe makes just enough creamy, spicy sauce to fill the Shrimp and Jicama Rolls. Double the recipe if you want extra sauce to serve on the side for dipping.
More Thai Recipes
- 1/2 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon white or dark miso
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water, plus more if needed
- In a mini food processor, combine the cooked rice with the miso, peanuts, jalapeño, garlic, ketchup, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, granulated sugar, chili sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Process all of these ingredients until just combined. Add 2 tablespoons of the water and process until a coarse paste forms. Add 2 more tablespoons of water and process until the sauce has a smooth consistency similar to mayonnaise. Add more water if the sauce is too thick.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Serve WithShrimp and Jicama Rolls with Chili-Peanut Sauce.