© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Chili-Garlic Grilled Eggplant
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
The extra kick of chili heat and garlic flavor makes these grilled eggplants the perfect side dish.
Slideshow: More Eggplant Recipes
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut into 3-inch long pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together the vegetable oil, garlic, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Toss the eggplant in the marinade.
- Heat the grill, and when hot, brush the grill with oil. Place the eggplant directly on the grill, grilling both sides for 3-5 minutes each.
- After grilling, brush the eggplants with additional marinade or chili garlic sauce.