- 1 large sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and very finely chopped
- 8 medium tomatoes (about 6 ounces each), cored and cut into 8 wedges each
In a medium bowl, toss the onion with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let the onion stand for 15 minutes, tossing a few times.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, cilantro and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the onions over the tomatoes, drizzle with the dressing and serve.