- 2/3 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- One 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, stir the couscous with 3/4 cup of boiling water. Cover with a lid and steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the shrimp and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the butter to the skillet. Add the beans, capers and lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Fold the bean mixture, parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the couscous; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with the shrimp.
Zippy, medium-bodied Rueda.