Chile-Honey Roasted Nuts
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound unsalted roasted mixed nuts (about 4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Lightly oil the parchment. In a bowl, combine the sugar with the salt.
- In a large skillet, melt the honey with the cayenne. Add the nuts and stir to coat. Spread the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let the nuts cool slightly, then add them to the sugar-salt mixture and toss to coat. Discard the parchment and spread the nuts out on the baking sheet to cool completely, then transfer to a bowl and serve.
Try a crisp and refreshing California sparkling wine to help recover from the kick of cayenne spice or try a Californian off-dry sparkling wine to match the sweetness of the nuts.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.