Chile-Herb White Rice
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 flat-leaf parsley sprigs, plus 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 large jalapeño, 1 half cut into 6 slices, the other half minced
- In a mini processor, puree the onion and garlic. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the puree and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the water and salt, stir well and bring to a boil. Add the parsley sprigs and jalapeño slices, cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover the rice and immediately wipe the underside of the lid dry. Discard the parsley sprigs and jalapeño slices and fluff the rice. Transfer the rice to a bowl, garnish with the chopped parsley and minced jalapeño and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.