- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 yuccas (about 3 pounds), peeled and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 tablespoon Tim Love's Wild Game Rub
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (1 ounce)
- In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 350. Set 2 paper towel–lined baking sheets near the stove. Working in batches, add the yucca to the oil; stir gently to separate the slices. Fry the yucca until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chips to the paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, toss the yucca chips with the Wild Game Rub and the cheese. Season the chips with salt and serve.
The chips can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.