© Cedric Angeles
Chile-Cheese Yucca Chips
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Yucca, sometimes called cassava, is a starchy root that grows in very warm climates and makes supercrunchy chips. To remove the tough outer skin, use a sharp, heavy knife rather than a peeler.
More Tasty Snacks
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 yuccas (about 3 pounds), peeled and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 tablespoon Tim Love's Wild Game Rub
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (1 ounce)
- In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 350. Set 2 paper towel–lined baking sheets near the stove. Working in batches, add the yucca to the oil; stir gently to separate the slices. Fry the yucca until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chips to the paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, toss the yucca chips with the Wild Game Rub and the cheese. Season the chips with salt and serve.
Make AheadThe chips can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.