- 8 chilaca chiles or 7 small poblano chilescharred and peeled, with stems, seeds, and veins removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled queso fresco or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
How to make this recipe
Tear or cut the chiles lengthwise into thin strips. Place in a medium bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Set aside for the flavors to meld, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, stir thoroughly. Serve at room temperature.