Chilaca Chile Snack
- SERVINGS: 8
This Botana de Chilacas is a delicious way of using raw chilacas. Poblano chiles can be substituted, but they do not have the same sweet, deep flavor. Serve as an appetizer or as a first course with corn tortillas.
- 8 chilaca chiles or 7 small poblano chilescharred and peeled, with stems, seeds, and veins removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled queso fresco or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- Tear or cut the chiles lengthwise into thin strips. Place in a medium bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Set aside for the flavors to meld, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, stir thoroughly. Serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.