- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 4 ounces mustard greens, stemmed, leaves torn
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Pour 1 tablespoon of water into 6 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Crack an egg into each of the 6 water-filled cups and season with salt and pepper. Bake the eggs for 13 to 15 minutes, until the whites are just firm and the yolks are still runny. Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer the eggs to a plate.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, garlic and chile and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and stock and bring to a boil. Add the mustard greens and cook until just wilted, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into 6 bowls and top with the eggs.