Chickpea Salad with Four-Minute Eggs
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup small green olives, pitted
- 10 small red radishes, quartered
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, lightly crush half of the chickpeas; mix in the whole chickpeas. Add half of the vinaigrette to the chickpeas and toss. Add the olives, radishes, parsley and scallions to the rest of the vinaigrette and toss. Spoon the chickpea salad onto 4 plates and top with the parsley salad.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil over moderately high heat for 4 minutes. Drain, then rinse the eggs under cool water for 1 minute. Using the back of a spoon, gently crack the eggs all over and peel the shell off. Alternatively, fill a large skillet with enough water to reach two-thirds of the way up the side. Add the vinegar and bring to a simmer. One at a time, crack the eggs into the simmering water and poach until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Set an egg on each salad and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle the salads with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.