- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 8 crêpes
More Brunch Recipes
- 1 cup chickpea flour (see Note)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Reserved duck fat or melted unsalted butter, for brushing
- In a medium bowl, mix the chickpea flour with the all-purpose flour and salt. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Whisk in the olive oil and let the batter rest for 30 minutes. Whisk in the water.
- Lightly brush a 7-inch crêpe pan with reserved duck fat and set it over moderately high heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of the crêpe batter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook for 1 minute, or until brown around the edge. Flip the crêpe and cook for 20 seconds longer. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make AheadThe crêpes can be cooked up to 4 hours ahead; stack and let stand at room temperature.
NotesChickpea flour is available at ethnic food stores. At Indian groceries, it's called besar.