- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 8 crêpes
- 1 cup chickpea flour (see Note)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Reserved duck fat or melted unsalted butter, for brushing
- In a medium bowl, mix the chickpea flour with the all-purpose flour and salt. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Whisk in the olive oil and let the batter rest for 30 minutes. Whisk in the water.
- Lightly brush a 7-inch crêpe pan with reserved duck fat and set it over moderately high heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of the crêpe batter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook for 1 minute, or until brown around the edge. Flip the crêpe and cook for 20 seconds longer. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make Ahead The crêpes can be cooked up to 4 hours ahead; stack and let stand at room temperature. Notes Chickpea flour is available at ethnic food stores. At Indian groceries, it's called besar. Serve With Duck Two Ways with Chickpea Crêpes and Fennel Compote