Chicken with Zucchini Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This simple dish uses lemony vinaigrette in two smart ways: as a quick marinade for chicken and as a dressing for crispy slices of zucchini and squash.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin (2 pounds)
- 2 medium yellow squash (1 pound), sliced crosswise on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 2 medium zucchini (1 pound), sliced crosswise on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice with the garlic, shallot, dill and mustard and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly pour in 6 tablespoons of the olive oil. Stir in the mint and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a shallow bowl, coat the chicken with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the yellow squash and zucchini with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the squash and zucchini, turning once, until tender and slightly charred, about 3 minutes total. Transfer the vegetables to a platter and keep warm.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the platter and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Medium-bodied, fruity Naoussa red.