Chicken with Potatoes and Fried Eggs
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way To make the wonderful broth that seeps into the chicken, eggs and potatoes, Jose Garces uses a complex homemade chicken stock (almost like a demiglace) enriched with truffle shavings.
Easy Way Simple homemade chicken stock or store-bought broth is the base for the sauce, mixed with a tiny amount of intensely flavored truffle oil (available at most good supermarkets).
- 3/4 pound small fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin (6 ounces each)
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium roasting pan, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, boil the stock until reduced to 1/2 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and truffle oil; keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 16 minutes. Transfer the chicken breasts to plates and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook over moderate heat until the whites are set, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip the eggs and cook for 20 seconds longer. Using a spatula, transfer the eggs and the potatoes to the chicken. Drizzle with the truffle sauce and serve.
Vibrant rosé Cava.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.