Chicken with Chipotle Chutney and Grilled Potatoes
- SERVINGS: 4
Sweet roasted garlic cloves and smoky, fruity chutney spice up these simple grilled chicken breasts. Reserve any leftover garlic for other dishes.
- 4 whole unpeeled heads of garlic
- 8 small unpeeled red potatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Chipotle Chutney
- Light a grill or preheat the oven to 325°. Grill the garlic heads over moderately low heat for about 45 minutes, turning frequently, until softened and browned. Alternatively, wrap the garlic loosely in foil and roast in the oven for about 1 hour, until the cloves are tender.
- If using an oven, increase the temperature to 450°. Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes; drain and pat dry. Brush the potatoes with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil and thread 4 potato halves on each of 4 metal or bamboo skewers.
- Grill or roast the potatoes for about 10 minutes per side, turning once, until tender and lightly charred. Sprinkle with the thyme, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for about 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on both sides and cooked through. Alternatively, cook the chicken on the stove in a preheated grill pan over moderately high heat, turning once, for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the grilled chicken to plates and add a roasted head of garlic and a potato skewer to each serving. Garnish each plate with a rosemary sprig and serve with the Chipotle Chutney on the side.
The Ratatouille Taco Towers are compatible with a number of whites, but the chicken narrows the choice to one with broad flavors that can pull together the chicken, garlic and chutney. A California Chardonnay has the richness and depth to play such a role.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.