- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Six 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4 inch thick
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, combine the onion with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the vinegar, garlic, jalapeño and basil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Thread six 12-inch metal skewers with the tomatoes, alternating with the mozzarella after every 2 tomatoes. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over a hot fire until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Grill the skewers over a hot fire, turning once, until the cheese is lightly charred and just starting to melt, 1 minute. Slide the tomatoes and cheese from the skewers onto the platter. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the chicken and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
One Serving: 340 cal, 14.1 gm fat, 4.5 gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.