© Lucy Schaeffer
Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Crumbs and Snap Peas
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 12 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- In a food processor, combine 4 of the anchovy fillets with the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and 1/2 cup of the olive oil; process until evenly blended.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the bread crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the snap peas until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
- Grill the chicken thighs over moderate heat until they are lightly charred, crisp and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer the thighs to a platter.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots and the remaining anchovy fillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the snap peas and cook, tossing a few times, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season the snap peas with salt and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve the chicken with the snap peas.
A rich white will bring out the flavor of these smoky chicken thighs. Try an Italian Orvieto.