- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 8 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs (1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of excess fat and each thigh cut into 3 pieces
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the olive oil with the paprika. Add the chicken and toss to coat; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, cayenne, crushed red pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
Light a grill. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and thread 3 pieces onto each of 8 skewers. Oil the grate and grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and serve with the yogurt sauce and lemon wedges.
The yogurt sauce can be refrigerated overnight.
Juicy, light-bodied red.