© Tina Rupp
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, scallion and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until crisp, 4 minutes. Transfer the bacon to the bowl.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper. Spread the spinach on the cutlets, fold in half and press to close. Heat the skillet with the bacon fat until sizzling. Add the chicken and cook over high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 6 minutes; transfer to a platter and keep warm. Add the vinegar to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds. Off the heat, swirl in the butter until melted. Spoon the sauce over the chicken; serve.